What’s the best lawnmower for your backyard? Should you go for a cordless variety? If you’re considering this possibility, you’ve probably come across the Bosch Rotak 37 LI. A powerful cordless lawnmower, should this one be the addition to your landscaping arsenal?
Does It Really Work?
The Bosch Ergoflex Cordless is a lawnmower powered by a 36V lithium-ion battery. The absence of a cord makes this machine great for a medium-sized or a larger lawn. You’ll be free from having to worry about cord extensions and the battery will be sufficient for up to 30 minutes of grass cutting.
Apart from lacking a cord, the Rotak 37 LI features silent operation and it’s not smelly like petrol mowers. The weight of this machine is 13 kilograms, which means that it’s relatively lightweight and easy to move around.
The cutting width of the blade is 37 centimetres and this Bosch lawnmower is equipped with grass combs. The two combined features enable it to cut grass in the edges of the lawn, close to flower beds or pathways. The convenience and the excellent grass cutting function turn the mower in a favourite for many buyers.
The consumer reviews contain a lot of praise for the Bosch Rotak 37 LI Cordless. The following list summarises some of the most important advantages that buyers mentioned in their accounts:
- No cables, no limited reach: this is definitely the feature that buyers loved the most. A vast majority of the individuals that bought this cordless model had previously owned an electric lawnmower. Unhappy with the limitations, they opted for a cord-free possibility and were exceptionally happy with the outcome.
- It’s easy to change batteries: taking the battery out, getting it charged and putting it back in is a simple task. The battery requires approximately one hour to get fully charged.
- Very lightweight and silent: the mower is easy to move around and to store in a garden shed. Its functioning is very silent. Buyers reported that it’s possible to do the entire lawn without disturbing anyone or getting tired of the noise made by the machine.
- Easy grass cutting height adjustments: the height cut adjustments are possible from the handle. This mower comes with 10 possible height adjustments that range from 20 to 70 millimetres.
- Large grass box: unlike other lawnmowers, this one comes with an extra-large grass box. The capacity is 40 litres, which necessitates the emptying of the box infrequently. The size of the box is another characteristic that turns the mower in an excellent pick for larger gardens.
A Few Shortcomings
Bosch Rotak 37 has just a couple of shortcomings that have been mentioned in more than one consumer review:
- Just one battery available: which is why individuals having a larger backyard ran out of battery power and had to do a recharge before continuing work.
- Grass can get stuck underneath the battery: it may be a good idea to clean the compartment since the battery compartment will otherwise get clogged up and cause the lawnmower to begin cutting out.
- Some individuals experienced assembly problems: parts didn’t align 100 per cent, which made the assembly a bit of a challenge. Still, all buyers managed to put the machine together within a reasonable amount of time.
Though a bit more expensive than other lawnmowers on the market, Bosch Rotak 37 LI provides a lot of convenience and ease of operation. The lawnmower is great for larger gardens because of its cord-free nature. The only big issue worth mentioning is the inclusion of just one battery in the kit. Other than that, the lawnmower exceeds expectations and is considered functional and practical.