The Flymo Robotic Lawnmower
Robotic lawnmowers – technology has evolved and today, you have access to dozens of conveniences that didn’t exist several years ago. The Flymo robotic lawnmower 1200r is one such product.
Does the robotic lawnmower deliver on its promises? Keep on reading to find out.
Does it Work?
The concept of a the Flymo automatic lawn mower may seem too good to be true but Flymo 1200r proves that it’s not. People that bought the machine found it to be easily programmable and efficient. A few cable routes will have to be established before the lawnmower can operate effectively but Flymo has provided detailed instructions.
This lawnmower is particularly suitable for use underneath shrubs and shorter trees that make it difficult for a person to cut the grass underneath.
Boundary wire is provided by Flymo. It’s used to mark the area in which the lawnmower can operate. The Flymo robotic lawnmower 1200r is suitable for smaller lawns that reach up to 400 square metres. There’s also a timer that can be used to set up the period during which Flymo 1200r will cut the grass.
Watch The Flymo Lithium-ion Robotic Lawnmower 1200 R Video Review
Most people that bought Flymo 1200r are happy with its functioning. Several positive characteristics determine the quality of the experience and the way in which the lawnmower operates:
- Powered by lithium ion batteries: lithium ion batteries are much more efficient than other varieties and they ensure long operational time. The Flymo automatic lawn mower 1200 R is provided with one 18v, 1.6Ah battery. It needs approximately 1.5 hours to get the battery recharged and the lawnmower starts the charging process automatically. When the battery is running low, the mower will return to its charging station.
- Irregular mowing pattern: the lawnmower doesn’t follow a pattern when cutting the grass. The irregular movements make it possible to cover the entire area without leaving uncut grass behind.
- Cuts and mulches: the lawnmower is designed for everyday use. This is the main reason why the design lacks a grass collection bin. Flymo 1200r cuts the grass and mulches it at the same time. The clippings return in the ground, fertilising the lawn and making it greener than ever.
- Several cutting heights to choose among: the grass cutting settings enable height adjustments in the range from 20 to 50 millimetres.
- Avoids obstacles: the highly sensitive sensors that the lawnmower is equipped with make it capable of going around obstacles without crashing into them.
- Can cut grass in the rain: Flymo 1200r is created for use in all types of weather. The lawnmower is completely safe to use, even when it’s raining outside.
- Anti-theft protection: a PIN code and an alarm code can be set up to protect the lawnmower against theft.
- Safety features: there’s a large space between the lawnmower’s housing and its blades to reduce the risk of accidents and injuries. When the Flymo robotic lawnmower 1200r is lifted, the blades stop immediately. There’s also a stop button that’s readily accessible.
A Few Shortcomings
A few product reviews mention a couple of shortcomings identified by more than one buyer:
- Requires lengthy initial setup: setting up the cables and the boundary wire was a bit of a challenge for some of the buyers. The good news is that a number of online videos can be used to simplify the process.
- It will pick up anything on the grass: the technology is relatively new and a few adjustments will have to be made in the future. Currently, the robotic lawnmower will cut up any kind of small object that’s left on the grass. Stones and even small toys can prove to be a problem because they’ll damage the blades.
- Has difficulties with steep slopes: if you have a steep slope or steps in your garden, the mower isn’t the right one for you. It can’t deal with such obstacles and get the job done.
The Flymo robotic lawn mower makes it incredibly easy to maintain the perfect lawn without any effort.
It has a couple of intelligent features that result in effective grass cutting and error-free functioning.